Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Day 8 & Final Day of Isreal Tour
Today was our final day of this awesome trip to the little nation of Israel. I have been looking for this day all week! Our first stop was to the Old City again and to the pool of Bethesda. Here we enjoyed getting the opportunity to sing in the church there on the grounds, we sang Holy, Holy, Holy, God seemed to sweep through there a early touch from the Holy Ghost. It seemed to set the stage for the day. As we got to the actual pools themselves, God took me back to the very first message I ever preached, it was on the lame man by the pool out of John 5, on "What are you waiting on?" Wow what a blessing this place was to me. Our second stop was to the western wall of the Old City here is where most of the wall is still in tack from all these years. Here is where all the "religious people" go to have prayer time each day as they face this wall. They believe that God's presence is still there. But I am thankful that God's presence is everywhere for the power of the Holy Ghost. It is a idol to many, but something to see for me.  After lunch we made our way to Calvary, here is where business picked up!! We entered the garden tomb area where they believed to be the place where Christ was crucified, the actual place of the skull, Golgotha. As we looked upon hillside I was reminded of that old song thanks to Calvary I am not the man I used to be, But for the Blood, and Bought by the Blood. Lastly the old hymn that starts out..."On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross the emblem of suffering and shame," thank you Jesus for bearing my cross and paying the debt of sin that I owed! I'm glad the story does not in there, for our next stop was right over the hill to the empty tomb! The stone was rolled back because up from the grave He arose, GLORY TO HIS NAME!!! Here brother David Woods preached the gospel message that attracted the crowds from other groups even after being warned to quieten down, you can't be quiet about serving a risen Savior, Amen! After the preaching we sang a song, and then Dr. Lockee led us in a communion service. We cried, shouted, and worshipped God there in that special place. Friends and church family that itself was worth the trip!!
Oh what a Saviour is mine. Well dear friends that concluded our tour of Israel, we had supper and just got finished packing our things. I will rest for about an hour, the prepare to leave hotel around 1am my time. I will update you on flight info when we get to airport. Please pray for our safe travel, it's going to be a long 18hr flight day...!! Love ya and see you soon...Pastor Wayne

Pool of Bethesda - John 5

The Western Wall - the only remaining part of the original Old City Wall

The place of the skull....Calvary!!!!

The EMPTY Tomb!!!! GLORY!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment